I painted this at the Lovecraft Gallery last night, and sold it on the spot! Woohoo! I love when that happens!
I recently painted a 1913 fiddle for an upcoming online auction and exhibit at the Sweet on Fiddlin’ show at the Ironwood Stage and Grill. It’s a great change of pace from flat canvas!
Sanding away the shiny, perfect surface of the fiddle.. yikes!
I’m really happy with the final result! For tickets to see this and other fiddle art at the Sweet on Fiddlin’ show, click here.
If you read yesterday’s post, then you know there were lots of tears, and lots of feeling. After writing that post, I painted this painting, also with many tears.
I’m totally loving this new purpley-blue palette… This painting was like rainbow puke before putting on the final layer. Yeah, really, it’s even possible for me to think there’s too much colour!
The end of the year is coming, and having almost completed my SelfLove365 Project, I am realizing how difficult I find it to love, or even like, parts of myself. Sometimes, even accepting myself is a challenge. But this is what I strive for now – to accept what is here, what is now, what is in front of me. That’s not to say I won’t then go ahead and do something to change it, but in order to change it, I feel the need to make peace with it first, to accept that part of me, because in all likelihood, it’s here for the long haul. In honour of accepting myself, I made this painting, “Acceptance”.
Karma price: pay what you want.
Yes, you read that right! :)
Send me an email (magknit[at]telus.net) telling me:
1. Why you want this painting.
2. What gift you share with the world. Maybe you do already, or maybe it’s something you’ve been thinking about. Be generous with yourself here. You have many gifts. Or, alternatively, tell me about something you have recently accepted, or have trouble accepting, about yourself.
3. The amount you wish to give for the painting.
Some things I would like you to know:
– you have until midnight on Dec. 31, 2014 to send me the email.
– there is a minimum cost of shipping to cover if you are outside of Calgary. ($30 in Canada, $40 to U.S.)
– I sell other paintings of this size for $500.
Once I choose who will receive the painting, I will contact you with details about payment methods.
Much love to you!